Payment Methods and Locations
The City of Buffalo currently accepts the following methods of payment:
- Xpress Billpay Oline
- Utility Direct Pay Program
- Check- by mail, City of Buffalo dropbox, or in-person at City Hall
- Cash - In-Person only at City Hall. Do NOT mail cash.
You are welcome to mail your payment to: City Hall 46 North Main, Buffalo, Wyoming 82834 or visit one of the following:
- Mail Slot located at City Hall (To the left of entrance door)
- Drop Box located at City Hall - 46 North Main (Left side of street in front of building)
- The Customer Service Desk at City Hall 46 North Main 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
NEW! Pay Utilities Online:
Click here to pay your utility bill online.
Utility Direct Pay Program
Consider having your monthly utility payment directly withdrawn from your checking or savings account for the following reasons:
- No stamp to buy
- Save time
- No checks to write
- No due dates to remember
- No remittance to mail
- No fees for paying at bank
- Extend vacations without worry of paying utility bill late
- No waiting in line to pay
- Click this Authorization Form link
- Print out the form
- Fill out the form with the appropriate information
- Return the completed Authorization Form to City Hall
Participation in the program is subject to the following conditions:
The City of Buffalo shall accept utility payments electronically through the Utility Direct Pay Program subject to the conditions, terms, and procedures as established by the Authorization Form mentioned above, incorporated fully herein by reference. All completed Authorization Forms must be signed by the customer(s) and maintained on file in the Utility Billing Office for the life of the customer's participation in the program in accordance with Federal Regulations.
Utility Direct Pay drafts from utility customers bank accounts shall occur on or about the 10th of the month (or first banking business day immediately thereafter in the case of weekend days or holidays).
If a customer participating in the program changes banks, bank accounts, or utility account information, it shall be the customer's responsibility to notify the City Water Utility Billing Office of the change and a new authorization agreement must be signed with the new account information. Any delay of the customer to notify the City of changes in account information may result in the customer's termination from the program. Any NSF fees, additional charges, or penalties, resulting from customer's failure to notify the billing office of the change in account shall be the customer's responsibility.
Disputed bill amounts shall be addressed according to City policy or procedure established to resolve disputed bills. Upon resolution of any disputed bill amount, the adjustment will be reflected on a future utility bill. Credits to a utility account will not result in a deposit of funds in a customer's bank account.
All penalty, shut-off, and NSF fees shall apply to Utility Direct Pay customers in accordance with the respective policy and procedure.
Payment Programs- Guardian Service
- A third-party agrees to pay the monthly bill for the resident or location. Both parties would need to come in person to sign up for this service. The benefit to the third-party would be that they would directly recieve the bills each month and would be able to pay them directly.
Billing Cycles & Deadlines
Bills are sent once a month (twelve bills per year) at the first of the month.
Water bills are due and payable upon receipt. Bills will be considered delinquent if not paid within 30 days after the bill date. Authorized interest and penalty charges will start accruing on this date. A delinquent notice will be mailed to the customer 10 days after the due date.