Detention Center

What are visiting hours for inmate(s) held in the detention center?

Visit the Johnson County website for information about the detention center including:

  • Visitation
  • Mail
  • Warrants and Extraditions
  • Bonding Information
  • Inmate Phones
  • Inmate Money

City Ordinances

Click here to view city ordinances.



Where do I pay the bond for a citation?

Information about Municipal Court, bonds, and fines can be found here.


Animal Control

Lost or Missing Pets

If you have a lost or missing pet, please call the St. Francis Animal Shelter as soon as possible at 684-1738 to report a description of your pet and for assistance in locating your pet. If your pet is not at the shelter contact the Police Department so they may relay the description to the Animal Control Officer or Police Officer on duty.


Licensing Your Pet

Remember to license your dog at the St. Francis Animal Shelter. Licenses are issued for a two-year period based on even years. A City License is required per ordinance if you reside within city limits and can be obtained by producing proof of rabies vaccination by a licensed veterinarian to the St. Francis Animal Shelter. Cost is prorated if spayed or neutered and $20.00 if not spayed or neutered.


Microchips are available for $20.00 at the St. Francis Animal Shelter.



Click here do download an application for employment at the Buffalo Police Department